Associate Producer for “The Beat with Ari Melber” July 2017 – Present
- Producer for “The Beat with Ari Melber” since its launch. I write segments that cover politics and culture and handle video for the show.
- I manage a team of editors and oversee all of the video that we air every night (VOs, SOTs, montages and packages). I pitch, edit, field produce, research and produce packages and sot mashes. I’m an efficient multi-tasker who handles any and all changes to the rundown and quickly turns around bites for our air during breaking news.
- As part of the social media team I produced our weekly “Beat This Week” videos.
- I’m responsible for booking an editor when needed for larger projects/packages and for pre-taped shows. I also edit many of our pre-taped segments.
Associate Producer at MSNBC March 2014 – July 2017
- Sourced and edited video for dayside shows. I was the tape AP on “Weekends With Alex Witt” for two years.
- While working on “Weekends With Alex Witt”, I was also on the overnight breaking news team where I was responsible for quickly turning around ready-to-air video during live coverage. I edited and I managed a small team of editors to ensure MSNBC aired the latest, best quality footage. Other shows I’ve worked on include “MSNBC Live with Stephanie Ruhle” and “PoliticsNation with Al Sharpton”.
- Produced sot mashes and packages
P.A. for NBC’s Early Today and MSNBC’s First Look April 2013 – March 2014
- Segment producer for the sports segment
- Sports coverage included NFL, NCAA football and basketball, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, Golf and more
- Also written obituaries, business stories, weather hits, covered the NFL concussion settlement, the BCS Championship Game and the World Series
- Edited and produced video for various segments
- Created daily graphics and worked closely with segment producers to provide the appropriate video and graphics needed for stories
- Pitched stories for all segments, including news, politics, sports and entertainment
- Provided research for various stories
Summer Intern at the New York Daily News June 2012 – Aug. 2012
- Reported, researched and wrote various articles for the Bronx Bureau
- Was a stringer for the city desk
- Pitched stories and covered breaking news, crime, health and science and arts and culture
Freelance reporter for Enstarz.com March 2013– April 2013
- Reported, researched and wrote breaking news involving politics, crime, sports, entertainment and celebrity news
- Required to write a minimum of 10 stories a day, 200 to 300 words each
- Averaged a speed of 20 minutes per story to find a topic, research, write and upload it to the web with images and/or video elements
Editor in Chief for the Mace & Crown
(Old Dominion University’s student newspaper) Aug. 2009 — May 2010
- Managed nine editors and a staff of 25
- Conducted writing workshops and trained writers
- Responsible for the handling of advertising revenue and university allocated budget
- Created social media presence for the paper
- Pitched stories, copy edited and wrote various stories, covering news, entertainment, sports and commentary
- Enforced legal and ethics standards among the staff
- Won the “Writer of the Semester” Award in April 2008
– Master’s degree from the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, Dec. 2012
– B.A. from Old Dominion University, English major with journalism emphasis and American Studies minor, Magna Cum Laude, May 2010
Avid NewsCutter, Media Central, Media Central Archive, Viz, Proximity, Final Cut Pro 7 and 10, Reaper, PluralEyes, Soundslides, WordPress, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign; JVC and DSLR cameras; shooting and editing film, exporting and uploading to Vimeo/YouTube, skilled social media user.